Why Cupkeiki?

Who am I? Some know me by: Chola Lo, Frida, Lowski, LoLo
I once was Tu Madre but my momma made me change my derby name =(

My love for all the bakery in the world. Keiki in Hawaii means little kid. And what a perfect name! I love cakes and Cupcakes are little versions of cakes. So I thought perfect! CupKeiki!

Recipes that are copyrighted will be noted as so but these will be mainly recipes that were given to me or that i've tweaked to my own tastebuds.


Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Vanilla Rum Whipped Cream with Cinnamon

This will make about 3 Cups

You can be genourous with it, save it, or even freeze it for a sweet ice cold treat. Hell, put it between some Graham Crackers and freeze with plastic wrap and you'll have yourself a 'whipped' cream sammich. Or make baby cakes (mini cakes) frost between the layers and top with Cinnamon sugar.

Ingredients:

1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream (I found 2 mini containers at Whole Foods that added up to be cheaper than a pint at the same store!)

1/3 Cup Sugar, Superfine (like yours truly)

1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon

2 Tablespoons Rum (DO NOT ADD ANYMORE than what is listed, I did that and ended up drinking 1/2 the bottle of rum and had a major hangover) I used Sailor Jerry Rum because it was smooth (careful, it will lead to a hangover) and had a hint of Cherry.

1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract (Please use Pure at all times, no imitations)

Directions:
Whip the cream (like it stole something from you) with an electric mixer until thickened.

Add the sugar and cinnamon and continue whipping until soft peaks form.

Add the rum and vanilla extract and continue whipping for an additional minute.

I need a better thinking cap...
Now I'm not sure if it's because I used a hand mixer (I was born and raised from the projects and I can't spend over $300 for kitchen aid mixer but feel free to buy me one for xmas or my birthday [3/28]) but this didn't look like a smooth cool whipped version. Maybe have a bowl of ice underneath so when mixing it might make it better? Maybe because I added Cinnamon and I wasn't wearing my seeing eye glasses. Either way it tastes great. I'll probably invest in a bakers star tip and use a zip lock bag cut on the corner to make it look nicer.


I know I got the base of this recipe from the web on 8/24/09 and it was a basic Rum Whipped Cream recipe. I can't for the life of me remember who so if the base recipe is yours...who did you get it from? =) I'll give credit where credit is due. However, I did add the Vanilla and Cinnamon to this so it's my take on the rum version of someones basic version of whipped cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment