Why Cupkeiki?

Who am I? Some know me by: Chola Lo, Frida, Lowski, LoLo
I once was Tu Madre but my momma made me change my derby name =(

My love for all the bakery in the world. Keiki in Hawaii means little kid. And what a perfect name! I love cakes and Cupcakes are little versions of cakes. So I thought perfect! CupKeiki!

Recipes that are copyrighted will be noted as so but these will be mainly recipes that were given to me or that i've tweaked to my own tastebuds.


Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Arroz Con Leche Cupcakes

This makes approx 12-18 Cupcakes depending on how heavy handed you pour the batter.

Ingredients:

½ Cup unsalted butter, room temperature

2/3 Cup sugar

3 large eggs

1 tsp pure vanilla extract

1 ½ cups flour

1 ½ tsp baking powder

¼ tsp salt

Dash of ground cinnamon

½ cup arroze con leche milk base (see post below this one...duh)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly butter or line muffin cups with paper liners.

In one bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon and salt.

In a large bowl: Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla extract.

With the mixer on low speed, alternately add the flour mixture and milk, in three additions, beginning and ending with the flour. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. (I adjusted the milk based on the thickness of the mixture)

Evenly fill the muffin cups with the batter (about 3/4) and bake for about 16-20 minutes or (bakers you know the drill) until nicely browned and a toothpick into a cupcake comes out clean. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.

Once the cupcakes have completely cooled, frost with whipped cream before serving.


I got the recipe from cannelle et vanille (8/24/09 web) in the UK http://cannelle-vanille.blogspot.com/2009/08/red-currant-and-poppy-seed-cakes-arroz.html

Side Bustin:
Again, trying to figure out the measurements were hard since I suck at grams converting to tsp, tbsp, cups etc. So I scrounged around for various recipes on a basic cupcake recipe trying to stay true to his/her recipe because I've never done this kind before.  You'll notice the changes for: Lemon Zest (86'd), amount of sugar (reduced), Leche Base (increased), Vanilla Extract and Ground Cinnamon (added).

This recipe is so good...that cholos will actually cry real tattoed tear drops, only if you top it with the Vanilla Rum Whipped Cream with Cinnamon.

No comments:

Post a Comment