Why Cupkeiki?

Who am I? Some know me by: Chola Lo, Frida, Lowski, LoLo
I once was Tu Madre but my momma made me change my derby name =(

My love for all the bakery in the world. Keiki in Hawaii means little kid. And what a perfect name! I love cakes and Cupcakes are little versions of cakes. So I thought perfect! CupKeiki!

Recipes that are copyrighted will be noted as so but these will be mainly recipes that were given to me or that i've tweaked to my own tastebuds.


Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Jane Doe Cupcake Mix

Jane Doe: Basic, Plain Cupcake Mix

This makes 24 Cupcakes

Ingredients:

1 Cup melted butter
1 (Sweet toothers use: 1.5) Cups Sugar
4 Eggs
3 Cups all purpose flour
1 Cup organic milk
1 tsp vanilla extract (or be a swinger and see below)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prep cupcake pans

Using a mixer, cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
Add vanilla extract
Add eggs 1 at a time beating well after adding each egg to the butter/sugar mixture.
Add flour and milk alternately into creamed mixture.

Fill cupcake liners about 3/4 of the way.

Ready? Set...Bake!
Bake 17-20 minutes (Bakers you know the drill) or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. 

Cool Completely before frosting.

Believe me and WAIT!  I was inpatient and ended up with slimy whipped cream of a mess all over the counter.  Definate no no.

So....you want to be swinger huh?
Well you can use other extracts in the batter.  Almond, Banana, Butter, Cinnamon, Coconut, Pineapple, Vanilla etc.  Mix them up by using Almond and Vanilla.  Coconut and Pineapple or do half and half of the batter and place on top of each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment