Why Cupkeiki?

Who am I? Some know me by: Chola Lo, Frida, Lowski, LoLo
I once was Tu Madre but my momma made me change my derby name =(

My love for all the bakery in the world. Keiki in Hawaii means little kid. And what a perfect name! I love cakes and Cupcakes are little versions of cakes. So I thought perfect! CupKeiki!

Recipes that are copyrighted will be noted as so but these will be mainly recipes that were given to me or that i've tweaked to my own tastebuds.


Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Caramel Vanilla Sauce

Side Bustin':

I used Martha Stewarts Caramel Vanilla Sauce because well I had an accident with the other sauce. It took a lil bit of time but it was worth every sticky drop. Obviously I took out the lemon juice and the bourbon and it still tasted great.

This makes 2 Cups of Vanilla Sauce

Ingredients:
2 cups sugar

1 cup heavy cream

1 vanilla bean, split in half lengthwise

2 tablespoons unsalted butter

2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice

1 tablespoon bourbon

Directions:
Combine sugar and 1/2 cup water in a 2-quart saucepan set over medium heat.

Without stirring, cook mixture until dark amber in color, swirling the pan carefully while cooking, about 20 minutes.

Reduce the heat to low. Slowly add cream, stirring with a wooden spoon. Scrape the vanilla seeds into the pan, and add the pod. Add lemon juice, butter, and bourbon. Stir to combine.

Cover, and store, refrigerated, up to 1 week. Bring sauce to room temperature, or warm over low heat, before using.

I got this recipe from Martha Stewart.  (9/1/09 web) http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/caramel-bourbon-vanilla-sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment